Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Welcome Back, Me!


Ah, has it been a long, long time or what? Even as far as blogging goes, the respite that readers and (god have mercy upon them) followers get between two posts is generally quite a few rungs below a period of two years!
Things change over two years, even gradual changes are pretty much visible. For instance, I'm pretty much done with being a teenager (not that I had much of a choice in the first place..) and it feels sad. The years of being a rebellious teenager will stay etched in my memory (and perhaps the memories of all people for whom I made life hell) forever. It's just a couple of months now, and the general feeling among most of my friends is one of general glumness, yeah. (But that's possibly due to their own teenage coming to an end, not mine...)
But then again, this blog when it was initiated, was not one where glumness had its say! And that is something I shall stand by, for as long as I live.(And that might be quite a lot since yours truly is still as sober as ever!) . How about a look at things that haven't changed?

1) First and foremost, in thick and thin, sobriety has been an ally every instance the last two years. True, there have been a few sleep-deprivation induced incidents of exceeding eccentricity, but I still remain a teetotaller. Not a fact I am particularly proud of or anything, it's just something that is, and something that ensures that I can look myself in the eye before writing on societyofsoberstudents.com...

2) I remain a fan of certain franchises, no longer few in number though. I promised a friend I wouldn't make a single reference and this I stand by (at least for now). :(

3) Though (hopefully) posts != rants any more, the mind on the other hand maintains a certain demented character.

4) My schizophrenic self, who's currently sound asleep is still my best companion.

5) I still suck at mugging up things, eating healthy, most sports, Counter-Strike, and non Computer Science subjects.

6) The list would be endless; the use of four limbs, most other vital organs (I'm guessing), a perennial longing for good food, new games and books, a love for football, etc.

The introspection was a good exercise, perhaps I should do this more often, perhaps I will. A lot of friends update blogs regularly and if not anything else, maybe what we call 'peer pressure' will provide me with whatever motivation may be necessary.
But as of now, I revel in it. The second coming.

P.S. 'Let there be Light' - The Hindustan Times.

P.P.S To A- No references to pop culture! Bazinga!

4 comments:

  1. ahh,the introspection...

    My dear Vader( or, VadeR, as you say) can have some respite; he can now loiter freely in/on (?)(i hate this:P) the streets of dust_2 without being 'kicked' on ethical basis.#peace#

    and for the rest,
    there,there.

    seriously, POM is one hell of a subject ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There never was any proof, you know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha! and there starteth a blog anew.
    blessed be thy poste, and flock to read the pseudointelligensia shalt.
    Dwell eternally with you, the force will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why pseudo, my dear friend? You have got to make the jump sometime..

    ReplyDelete